A battery only requires a little monthly maintenance to perform perfectly. Keep the battery charged to 100%. Recharge your battery when the lights dim, the starter sounds weak, or the battery hasn’t been used in more than two weeks. Other than that, follow this simple checklist every month:
- Check the electrolyte level
- Keep the top free of grime
Check cables, clamps, and case for obvious damage or loose connections
- Clean terminals and connectors as necessary
- Check inside for excessive sediment, sulfating or mossing
- Make sure the exhaust tube is free of kinks and clogs
- Replace caps firmly
Finish up by testing the battery with either a hydrometer or voltmeter. To extend the service life of your battery, make monthly battery maintenance part of your routine.
Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
We provide the following Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) to communicate the chemical content of flooded and sealed lead acid battery products.
- Starter Batteries (Automotive, Commercial Heavy Duty, Seasonal Starter Batteries)
- Deep Cycle Batteries
- Industrial/Traction Batteries
- VRLA AGM & Gel Batteries
For more information about these or other Material Safety requirements please contact Trident Battery’s Customer Service Department.